By Pep Junia | EnewsGH
Leader of the largest growing poetry/hip hop movements in Canada called R.I.S.E Movement Zakisha Brown has shared her Year of return story in her new single.
“ I am the first of my family members to go to Africa in December 2019. I got a performance opportunity in West Africa. Accra, Ghana to be specific. The festival was for the famous Year of Return. I fell in love with the culture, food, energy, humbleness, helpfulness and selfless practices of Ghanaians.
- In unusual move, US embassies in Africa speak up on Floyd
- Universal Music Announces Launch Of Def Jam Africa
- COVID-19: US Journalist Aims to Build Africa-America Media Relation
- American actor, Dave Brown, believes every African-American has to VISIT Ghana.
- East Africa has weathered pandemics — and has a few things to teach the U.S.
When I returned from Ghana and landed in my hometown Toronto, Canada, I felt charged up with energy and shot this video a week after landing ” she said. ” She said
Zak’isha has opened up for artists such as Talib Kweli, Dru Hill, Nas and for the influential and acclaimed poet Saul Williams.
Read from source eNewsGH